- Only add water no eggs needed.
- Variable batter density on request.
- MI Sponge Mix maintains a consistently high quality.
- The sponge develops a superb rise during baking.
- The crumb is uniform and yellow.
- The freshness and volume of the baked sponge cake can preserve for at -least 20-day’s at 4°c.
- The baked sponge cake can absorb up to 50% of its weight in sugar syrup.
- Sponge cake retains the moisture/sugar syrup with ease.
- No loss of sugar syrup during storage.
- Swiss roll plates are easily and uniformly processed.
- Swiss roll plates preserve the ideal elasticity for rolling.
- Egg powder
- Baking powder
- Baking stabilizer
Equation: Quantity of sponge mix/ divided by 1.714 = Quantity of water to be used
- MI Sponge mix 4.8kg
- Water 2.8kg
Note: The quantities above should be adapted to the volume of mixer being used
Add water to the MI sponge mix and stir with a spatula untuntil the water is mixed with the sponge mix. Mix at highest speed for 10 minutes until a batter density of 300-450g/l has been achieved (Use Planetary mixers with a whisk. Next put the sponge cake batter in to ring moulds for cakes or plates ofr Swiss rolls. Cook the sponge cake ring-moulds for 25-30 minutes at 180°c and Swiss roll plates for 3-5 min at 250-280°c.
Addition of Cocoa powder
Cocoa powder can be added to the mixture to create chocolate sponge cake. Each customer will have a varying formulation depending on the customer’s requirements and tastes. We have provided a rough guide below.
Add 0.375 kg of natural cocoa powder at the end of the mixing stage. Just ensure that the batter has a homogeneous colour, which will indicate that it is ready.
What We Offer
Our aim is to keep your business life simple by providing the following:
Our customers with the best quantities at competitive prices
Shoulder responsibility – become your vital merchant
Small quantities for manufacturers & blenders